Recipe by TasteTester
I make this quick vegetable side to go alongside many dinner entrees. It is especially good with the Chicken Ponzu Over Rice recipe I have posted.
Top Review by mums the word
I loved the crispness of the sugar snap peas with the tenderness of the carrots. I used some homemade garlic butter rather than the garlic powder and thought the subtle flavour was great. The colours are beautiful too which perks up the presentation on your plate. Added bonus - the recipe is super easy with one dish to clean. Thx TasteTester!
- 8 ounces fresh sugar snap peas
- 8 ounces fresh baby carrots
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Soften the butter by cooking in microwave for up to 1/2 minute until soft enough to mix it with the garlic powder. Set aside.
- Snip the ends of the peas, if needed. Set aside. Place carrots in microwave-safe bowl; cover and microwave on high for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the sugar snap peas and the garlic butter. Cover and microwave on high 3-4 minutes or until tender. Stir and serve.