Recipe by WI Cheesehead
I got this recipe from our paper. It has a noticeable taste of honey.
Top Review by superblondieno2
I just had this for dinner today, made by Cornell University Dining. It was soo good, that I had to ask for the recipe. It turns out to be the same as this one. The only difference is that there is only 1 tbsp of butter and 1/3 cup of chives and the servings is listed as 8. It was so refreshing and a wonderful break to writing an essay on global food security.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs rutabagas, peeled and cut into matchstick-size strips
- 1 lb carrot, peeled and cut into matchstick-size strips
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- 1⁄2 cup fresh chives, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rutabaga in large pot of boiling water 2 minutes.
- Add carrots and cook until vegetables are tender, about 6 minutes; drain.
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium-high heat and add lemon juice, honey and lemon peel; bring to a boil.
- Add vegetables and cook until glazed, stirring occasionally, about 6 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, remove from heat, and mix in fresh chives.