Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe from our paper. It has a noticeable taste of honey.
Make and share this Carrots and Rutabagas With Lemon and Honey recipe from Food.com.
- Cook rutabaga in large pot of boiling water 2 minutes.
- Add carrots and cook until vegetables are tender, about 6 minutes; drain.
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium-high heat and add lemon juice, honey and lemon peel; bring to a boil.
- Add vegetables and cook until glazed, stirring occasionally, about 6 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, remove from heat, and mix in fresh chives.
I just had this for dinner today, made by Cornell University Dining. It was soo good, that I had to ask for the recipe. It turns out to be the same as this one. The only difference is that there is only 1 tbsp of butter and 1/3 cup of chives and the servings is listed as 8. It was so refreshing and a wonderful break to writing an essay on global food security.
I love rutabagas and this recipe is very easy to do. There was too much honey for my taste. Next time I'll reduce it by half. I used the zest of one lemon. I reduced the butter a little bit. And now I saw that I forgot to add the fresh chives and I bought it today specially for this recipe :( I have leftovers, and I'll try to add chives to it. Thanks Wi Cheesehead :) Made for Newest Zaar tag.