1/2 Photos of Carrots and Raisins (Healthy Snack)
This came from my mother who managed to grow two kids taller(and I mean taller!) then herself. We ate these carrots all the time! Overall is a great snack that is tasty. I suggest to adjust to your taste, some like it soggy some not, just don't make it in advance, will lose the carotene ;) Make sure to exclude raisins if prepared for infants or toddlers under 5. Use your own judgment but raisins ARE choking hazard.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place raisins in a small amount of water, so they plump up a little. (this step is optional) Grate carrots on a smallest part of your grater.
- 2Combine grated carrots, sour cream, raisins (take them out of water prior) and then add sugar (adjust to your taste).
- 3We love it just the way it is and my l'il one gets his nutrition.
- 4Beware, this combination may make your kids grow few inches taller. Carotene with sour cream and sugar is a dangerous mix for your kid's growth potential.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrots and Raisins (Healthy Snack)
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 138.4
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 7.9 mg
- Sodium 61.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 18.2 g
- Protein 1.7 g