From Taste of Home's Garden-Fresh Recipes. "This simple side dish has been a favorite with family and friends for years." -- Cora Christian.
- In a saucepan, bring 1" of water to a boil; place carrots in a steamer basket over water.
- Cover and steam for 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Drain pineapple, reserving the juice. Set pineapple aside.
- In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and cinnamon; add the brown sugar, butter, and reserved pineapple juice.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in the carrots and pineapple; heat through.
It was good - tasted just like it looked, carrots with pineapples. Made an awful lot and we love our carrots. Thanks for a great side Trnquilt! Made for PAC 2012