Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 lb carrot, chopped
- 1 lb parsnip, chopped
- 1 pear, ripe, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chervil or 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- In a 3-quart saucepan, steam the carrots and parsnips until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Reserve the steaming liquid.
- Transfer the carrots and parsnips to a food processor. Add the pears. Puree until smooth, adding just enough liquid to facilitate blending.
- Reheat gently before serving. Stir in the chervil or parsley.
I have made this recipe at least three times - I do not puree the veggies but only rough mash so there is a lovely texture I couldn't find a ripe pear so subbed an Asian Apple/Pear - wonderful result.
I used a baked apple rather than a pear, since that's what I had on hand. I planned to have the leftovers tomorrow for lunch but there aren't any. Dh REALLY liked this.
Worked very well in the Claypot in the oven. Brought out the flavors and the natural sweetness. I was not as pleased with the stovetop method. I had to add more seasoning to my taste [Herbes de provence] with that version.