Recipe by Eldeevee
This is from an old friend. It is a lovely looking side dish and it dresses up a plate beautifully.
Top Review by Derf
Sept 28/09 Very good! Made to go with our steaks, a lovely compliment to them. I did make one small change, I left out the sugar, the carrots and parsnips were young and sweet and had enough sweetness of their own. The orange juice gave a lovely flavour and the almunds a lovely crunch. Thanks for posting I will make these again and often. April 20/10 - made again for supper tonight, this has become our favourite way to serve carrots and parsnips, very good and easy too.
- 2 carrots, pared and in 2-inch sticks
- 2 parsnips, pared and in 2-inch sticks
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped