A flavourful pasta sauce. Perfect for using up leftover ham.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 small onion, chopped fine
- 2 ounces thinly sliced light ham, cut into 1/4 by 1 inch strips
- 3 cups chicken broth, boiled until reduced to half
- 1/4 lb carrot, shredded (about 1 cup packed)
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated fresh gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1In a large skillet or saucepan on medium heat, heat the oil with the garlic and onion.
- 2When the onion and garlic sizzle, add the ham and sauté about 1 minute.
- 3Add the broth, raise the heat, and bring to a simmer.
- 4Stir in carrots and ginger.
- 5When broth returns to a boil, stir in parsley.
- 6Pour over (or toss with) cooked pasta, preferably spaghetti, linguine, or fettuccine.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrots and Ham in Gingered Chicken Broth Pasta Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 127.7
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 7.3 mg
- Sodium 808.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 7.3 g