Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 3 cups green beans, cooked
- 2 cups carrots, sliced & cooked
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs, soft
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup cheese, grated
- Melt 3 tbs butter in a pan.
- Add minced onion and sauté.
- Add flour, stirring until smooth.
- Add milk, salt, pepper, and cheese; cook until thickened.
- Slightly cool.
- Pour over beaten eggs; mix.
- Arrange beans, carrots and sauce in alternate layers in a greased casserole.
- Melt remaining butter and mix in bread crumbs; put on top of casserole.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
Great dish. I served it with meatloaf and blackened asparagus. I cut back on the cheese (Iknow it tastes better with the full amount but I am cutting down a bit here and there) and I cut back on the cooking time. Diffinately a keeper, Thanks