Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is another recipe that I haven't tried yet, so I can't vouch for it, but I think it looks good. I'm often drawn to recipes that are a little bit out of the ordinary, and I've never had carrots and grapes together before. I'm intrigued. :-)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 6 carrots, peeled and julienned
- 1 cup green seedless grape
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 mint leaves, chopped
- Melt butter in skillet.
- Add carrots.
- Cover and cook about 25 minutes, or until almost tender.
- Add grapes, honey, and lemon juice.
- Cook on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add salt.
- Add mint leaves just before serving.
I halved the butter and the honey, and still had a very tasty dish. I think it would be good with a winter meal, it's a bit heavy for spring or summer.
I had to eliminate the butter and steam the carrots. I'm sure this would have been even better had I been able to use the butter. Even so this is colorful and sweet with a slight tang.