Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A different but easy side dish.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 6 medium carrots, peeled and sliced 1-inch thick
- 3 celery ribs, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons tarragon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add all remaining ingredients.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook (stirring occassionally) for about 20 minutes or until veggies are to your desired tenderness.
Quite good, but the tarragon is overpowering, I thought it was ok, but DH did not, said all he could taste was the tarragon and has decided he doesn't like tarragon. I also had to add a little more water during cooking. I used Becel margarine instead of the butter to cut back on fat.
Easy and tasty side dish. I did it for two people (scaled all ingredients accordingly), and it was not enough, next time I will do twice more. Another note - I had to add more water while cooking.