Recipe by Mary K. W.
I found this recipe several years ago on a recipe site that I can't even find now. I've made it several times and my family really enjoys it. Hope you like it too.
Top Review by Patty JO
This was so easy and the taste is simply delicious. I put honey in it instead of sugar and the next day they tasted even better. I also used 2 lb carrots since I had a 2lb bag. Definitely tasty enough for me!
Directions See How It's Made
- Parboil sliced carrots (I usually use the baby carrots whole) until al dente, about 10 minutes.
- Drain and rinse under cold water to stop cooking. This can be done a couple of hours ahead of time.
- Heat butter over medium heat until melted. Add carrots, sugar and heat to caramelize sugar.
- Add Amaretto and cook to reduce sauce to a glaze.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.