Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this recipe several years ago on a recipe site that I can't even find now. I've made it several times and my family really enjoys it. Hope you like it too.
- Parboil sliced carrots (I usually use the baby carrots whole) until al dente, about 10 minutes.
- Drain and rinse under cold water to stop cooking. This can be done a couple of hours ahead of time.
- Heat butter over medium heat until melted. Add carrots, sugar and heat to caramelize sugar.
- Add Amaretto and cook to reduce sauce to a glaze.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.
This was so easy and the taste is simply delicious. I put honey in it instead of sugar and the next day they tasted even better. I also used 2 lb carrots since I had a 2lb bag. Definitely tasty enough for me!
my mom loved these, however the sauce was a bit thin
I love these!!! They are also good with a mixture of peach nectar/amaretto/brown sugar. Sometimes I make them in a small crocpot and let them "simmer" all day.