Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a neat little recipe my Aunt Margaret gave me. (Try to get real baby carrots for this one - they're sweeter and more tender than the processed "baby" carrots in a bag.) This is a nice twist on glazed carrots when you want a special side dish for holiday entertaining. Try this with a good roast beef or baked ham.
- Peel the carrots and cook them in lightly salted water for about 15 minutes or until just tender-crisp.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter over low heat in a small saucepan. Stir in the honey, then mix in the lemon juice, Cointreau, and brandy. Simmer gently, then keep warm.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Transfer the carrots to an oven-proof casserole and pour the "Sidecar" sauce over them.
- Bake at 350 for 20-30 min, turning them occasionally in the sauce until it starts to glaze.
- *Note: You could substitute Triple Sec for the Cointreau, or even substitute orange juice for the Cointreau and double the brandy.
Yes, this is a nice twist on the glazed carrots! Sometimes I add a dash of cream at the end, but that's cuz I'm a glutton! Sweet and yummy, and since the Brandy is out....