Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Just look at the calories in this east to make salad - looks great!
- 2 medium carrots, peeled
- 2 zucchini, peeled (6 inch)
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon poppy seed
- salt & pepper
- Take the carrots and the zucchinis and keep peeling lenthwise strips until you can peel no more (Use your potatoe peeler as you want very, very thin strips) Place strips in a bowl& cover with ice& water, leave for 20 minutes.
- Drain well& transfer to a salad bowl.
- Combine remaining ingredients, Pour over the veggies, toss& serve (don't leave this salad dressed too long before serving).
This is a great little salad! I never knew zukes could be so slippery, but I nailed the little guys very easily and had this slimming tasty salad in no time. I love the flavor of the dressing, which is on the sweet side, and very delicious without adding any salt and pepper so I didn't go there (why mess with a good thing?). I will be having this salad often, as the calories, fat levels, and absolutely the taste are to my liking. Perfect for the summertime, perfect for me. Thanks, Bergy! :)
Thank you for a beautiful and delicious salad recipe. The poppy seeds really bring out the colors and give this salad visual zing. The taste is so light and refreshing. Wow, this is a keeper!
This a wonderful, light and flavorful salad! I went light on the salt and pepper and loved the sweet taste and slight crunch of the poppy seeds. Thanks for posting this recipe!