- 4 large carrots, peeled
- 2 zucchini, medium to large
- 2 tablespoons pesto sauce
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the carrots and zucchini into long, fine strands or ribbons by drawing a vegetable peeler down the length of them.
- Pour 1/2 inch of boiling water into a saucepan and add the carrots. Cover the pan, and half-boil, half-steam the carrots over moderate heat for 2-3 minutes. Add the zucchini and cook for 1-2 minutes longer (zucchini cook quickly; don't let them become waterlogged). Drain.
- Transfer the vegetables to a bowl, add the pesto and a little seasoning, mix well, and serve at once.