Recipe by Bergy
OOps there goes another zucchini and what a way to go! This recipe is coutesy of the National Honey Board
Top Review by SJG3483
This is one of the best kugel recipes I have ever had. It takes some effort to make, but with a food processor it's not so bad. With the vegetables, I discovered that more is better (not to mention better for you).
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups zucchini, grated
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 1⁄2 cups peeled potatoes, grated
- 1 cup matzo meal
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cook the carrots, zucchini& onion in the 1/2 cup of water for about 4 minutes or until the veggies are tender, cool.
- Whisk together the egg yokes and honey.
- In a large bowl mix the cooked veggies, egg yokes, grated potatoes, matzo meal,dill, salt& pepper.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Fold egg whites into the veggie mixture, do this gradually and gently.
- Turn the mixture into a well buttered 1 1/2 qt souffle dish and bake in 400F oven for apprx 35 minutes or until the Kugel is puffed and golden.