Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These frittata fingers are suitable for children aged around nine months and older. You'll need 1 medium green zucchini, 1 medium carrot, and 1 medium parsnip for this recipe. You can substitute equal quantities of potato, swede or sweet potato for the carrot, zucchini or parsnip, if desired.
- melted butter, to grease
- 2 teaspoons light olive oil
- 80 g grated green zucchini (1/2 cup, firmly packed)
- 60 g grated carrots (1/2 cup, firmly packed)
- 50 g grated parsnips (1/2 cup, firmly packed)
- 2 green shallots, ends trimmed, finely chopped
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- 40 g coarsely grated jarlsberg cheese or 40 g tasty cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon plain flour, sifted
- Preheat oven to 180°C Brush a shallow, square 18.5cm (base measurement) cake pan with melted butter to lightly grease. Line the base and 2 opposite sides with non-stick baking paper, allowing it to overhang.
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the zucchini, carrot, parsnip and shallots, and cook, stirring, for 4-5 minutes or until the vegetables soften. Remove from heat and set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
- Combine vegetable mixture, egg, cheese, parsley and flour in a large bowl and stir until well combined.
- Spoon vegetable mixture into prepared pan and smooth the surface. Bake in oven for 12 minutes or until set. Remove from oven and set aside for 10 minutes to cool. Lift frittata from pan and place on a plate to cool completely. Cut into 12 fingers to serve.