Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Delicious way for getting your vegetables.
Make and share this Carrot Zucchini Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- Stir together egg, orange juice, and butter; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Fold in carrot and zucchini. Spoon into greased muffin pans, filling two-thirds full.
- Bake at 400º for 20 minutes. Remove from pans immediately, and cool on wire racks.
- NOTE: Freeze in an airtight container up to 3 months. To reheat wrap each muffin in a damp paper towel; microwave on HIGH 40 seconds or until warm.
I used only all purpose flour. I reduced the sugar a little bit. I used sweetened applesauce instead of butter. These muffins have a great texture and taste. Thanks swirlycinnacakes :) Made for bargain basement tag game