1/3 Photos of Carrot-Zucchini Loaves
1 hr 10 mins
Adapted from MSN. Lookin for ways to use the zucchini flowing from my garden.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grease bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of two 8x4x2-inch loaf pans. Set aside.
- 2In a large mixing bowl stir together flour, wheat germ, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Make a well in the center of dry mixture.
- 3In a medium mixing bowl combine eggs, granulated sugar, zucchini, carrot, brown sugar, and applesauce; mix well. Add all at once to dry mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Pour batter into loaf pans.
- 4Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 45 to 55 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. (If necessary, cover loosely with foil during last 10 to 15 minutes of baking to prevent overbrowning.) Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool thoroughly on wire racks. Wrap and store overnight before slicing. Makes 2 loaves.
- 5Make-Ahead Tip: Prepare, bake, and cool loaves completely. Place loaves in freezer containers or bags and freeze for up to 1 month. Before serving, thaw the wrapped loaf overnight in the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot-Zucchini Loaves
Serving Size: 1 (53 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 123.8
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 126.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 13.1 g
- Protein 3.0 g