Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
2005 annual recipes. Never tried but sound de-LISH-ous!!
- 2 tablespoons onions (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 2 zucchini (shredded & squeezed dry)
- 1 large carrot (shredded)
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream (plus 1/2C divided)
- 2⁄3 cup fresh basil leaf (lightly packed)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup horseradish sauce
- salt and pepper
- In a blender, place 2/3C sour cream, basil, lemon juice, salt & pepper; cover and process until blended.
- Transfer to a small bowl . In another bowl, combine mayo, horseradish sauce & remaining sour cream. Cover and refrigerate both sauces.
- Place onion & butter in a microwave safe dish . Cover; microwave on high until onion is tender. Add egg, zucchinni, and carrot. In a bowl, combine flour, cheese, cornmeal, salt & pepper; stir in vegetable mixture just until combined.
- In skillet, heat 2" of oil to 375 degrees. Drop rounded TBS of batter into oil. Fry for 1-2 minutes until deep golden brown turning once.
- Drain on paper towels.