Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I've been making carrot cake this way for years and I noticed that no one else makes it exactly like this, so I decided to post. Can also sub grated zucchini, or a combo of the two. Also makes about 36 cupcakes.
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 -3 cups grated carrots
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 13 x 9 pan with PAM and coat with flour.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Beat eggs and sugars together until light.
- Add vegetable oil, carrots and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients until blended.
- Add nuts.
- Pour into pan and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Cool and frost with cream cheese icing or serve with Cool Whip.