Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a cake that a co-worker brought in for another co-worker's Birthday.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 (8 ounce) cans crushed pineapple
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup coarsely shredded carrot
- 1 cup coarsely shredded zucchini
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup salad oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Mix flour, sugar, nuts, cinnamon, baking powder, soda, and salt.
- Drain pineapple; reserve juice for glaze.
- Beat pineapple, carrots, zucchini, oil, eggs and vanilla; add to flour mixture, stirring until evenly moistened.
- Spoon into a well-greased 10-inch or 12-inch plain or decorative tube pan.
- Bake in a 350° oven until a wooden skewer inserted in center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Cool 15 minutes in pan.
- Loosen edges; invert from pan; let cool. Drizzle with glaze.
- Glaze: Mix together 1 cup powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons reserved pineapple juice until smoothly blended.