Recipe by mikey & ev
You can also make this an all-carrot bread by substituting the grated zucchini for an additional 1.5 cups grated carrot. To cut down on some fat, try substituting equal part unsweetened applesauce for the oil (for a little extra flavor and texture, add 2 tbsp of oil along with the applesauce). Try adding some chocolate chips, nuts, or cinnamon to taste.
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, grated (~1/2 carrot)
- 1 3⁄4 cups zucchini, grated (~1 large zucchini)
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 365*. Grease an 8”x 3” loaf pan, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the eggs and the oil; mix well.
- Add the raisins, carrots, and zucchini; mix.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; mix (be careful not to overmix!).
- Lastly, fold in the brown sugar.
- Pour the mixture into loaf pan and bake for around 55 min, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow cooling for 5 minute.