Recipe by Dancer^
My friend makes these at least once a week, she finally gave me the recipe and last night dinner was the first time I made these. Success.
Top Review by LizAnn
I think something is wrong with your recipe. I made these and they came out so runny I had to make some more flour base to make it managable, then I made drop bisquits which came out pretty good. So I won't rate it, because I have a feeling maybe the milk measurement is incorrect. :-)
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons finely grated carrots
- 3 tablespoons finely grated zucchini
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Adjust rack to lower third of oven; preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Toss in carrot and zucchini.
- Gradually add milk, stirring until dough forms a cohesive ball.
- Working on a lightly floured surface, pat soft, moist dough with your fingertips into a 6-inch square about 3/4 inch thick.
- Using a floured knife, cut into sixteen 1 1/2-inch squares.
- Set squares 1 1/2 inches apart on baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes, until the biscuits are pale golden.
- Serve warm or cool.
- Or let cool completely, wrap in aluminum foil and freeze.
- Reheat in a 325 degrees oven for about 10 minutes.