Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A friend gave me this muffin recipe and they are delicious! However, I do not know the caloric value but the 1 cup of veg oil and 3 eggs are sure to subtract from the healthy aspect. I would love to substitute these two ingredients. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Other than that, the muffins disappeared in one day!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 finely chopped golden delicious apple
- 3⁄4 cup raisins (Baking Raisins are best)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped almonds (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Mix all ingredients together except for the 3 Large eggs and vegetable oil.
- In a separate bowl, beat the 3 eggs and oil together until well blended.
- Add the egg and oil mixture to the fruit mixture.
- I set my kitchen aid on low for about 1 minute or until all ingredients were mixed well.
- Pour mixture into each muffin cup approximately 3/4 full.
- Bake at 375 for about 25 minutes or until tester comes out clean.