Recipe by kelly in TO
I had this amazing tomato red bean quinoa soup at this little cafe down the street from work named, Le Café Vert. I searched high and low for this recipe and unfortunately never found it. However, during my search, I found this.
Top Review by chezst33
I love this soup!! I was searching for something to use the carrot greens with due to the amount of carrots I pulled from my garden. I too used the no beef beef broth to keep this vegetarian. I ended up adding extra water/broth to make it more of a broth based soup as the quinoa soaked up the liquid. This really has a fantastic taste and I think a little garlic would be good in it too.
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil or 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄2 sweet onion, diced
- 4 cups water
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch rounds
- 1 cup carrot, tops washed and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1⁄2 cup quinoa, rinsed
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper