Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love carrot juice and find it pleasant, slightly sweet, and addictive. Good thing because it's healthy. Here carrot juice is transformed to an almost dessert-like experience that is very enjoyable with with or without rum. Found this lovely recipe in Calypso Coolers cookbook.
- 16 ounces carrot juice (available in well stocked supermarkets or in health food stores)
- 2 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- white rum, to taste (optional)
- 1 cup crushed ice
- ground cinnamon, to sprinkle on top
- In a blender, combine the carrot juice, condensed milk, nutmeg, vanilla, and rum, if desired.
- Process until well blended.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to use.
- Pour into 2 glasses with 1/2 cup each of crushed ice. Garnish with cinnamon and serve.