Recipe by KLHquilts
From Barbara Kafka's "Microwave Gourmet Healthstyle Cookbook" -- a cookbook that should be in every library!
Top Review by LUv 2 BaKE
I was really interested in this recipe because I love carrots and dill. I actually used cottage cheese for this recipe because I didn't have any ricotta. I enjoyed the timbale, but think I would have liked it better if I kept the carrot pieces whole instead of pureed. Everything pureed together made it quite sweet. The dill in here made the recipe, and it sure did look very pretty in the ramkin cups! My mom and dad thouroughly enjoyed this. Thanks!
- 1⁄2 lb carrot, cut into 1-inch rounds
- 1⁄3 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons fresh dill, chopped
- 3 egg whites
Directions See How It's Made
- Using whatever method you prefer, cook carrots until done but not mushy. (You can put carrots in a pie plate, cover with plastic wrap, and cook at 100% power for 6-7 minutes.).
- Process ricotta in a food processor until smooth. Add cooked carrots and remaining ingredients. Process until smooth.
- Divide mixture evenly into four ramekins or custard cups. Cook in the microwave, uncovered, at 50% power for 6 minutes. (If you have a lower-wattage oven, cook at 100% for 8 minutes.).