Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Barbara Kafka's "Microwave Gourmet Healthstyle Cookbook" -- a cookbook that should be in every library!
- 1⁄2 lb carrot, cut into 1-inch rounds
- 1⁄3 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons fresh dill, chopped
- 3 egg whites
- Using whatever method you prefer, cook carrots until done but not mushy. (You can put carrots in a pie plate, cover with plastic wrap, and cook at 100% power for 6-7 minutes.).
- Process ricotta in a food processor until smooth. Add cooked carrots and remaining ingredients. Process until smooth.
- Divide mixture evenly into four ramekins or custard cups. Cook in the microwave, uncovered, at 50% power for 6 minutes. (If you have a lower-wattage oven, cook at 100% for 8 minutes.).
I was really interested in this recipe because I love carrots and dill. I actually used cottage cheese for this recipe because I didn't have any ricotta. I enjoyed the timbale, but think I would have liked it better if I kept the carrot pieces whole instead of pureed. Everything pureed together made it quite sweet. The dill in here made the recipe, and it sure did look very pretty in the ramkin cups! My mom and dad thouroughly enjoyed this. Thanks!
This was really good. I made it as a side for meatloaf. Very easy. Made for ZWT3 Zingo.
Healthful in the extreme, but tasty too. I did add salt and pepper to taste with fresh dill of course, but otherwise it was perfect! Sweet carrots with cheesy ricotta. I cooked longer because I have paranoia about undercooked eggs of any kind:D I recommend spraying dish (I used a flat 9" pie dish instead of ramekins which I don't own, and cut into fours) with non-stick cooking spray for ease of clean up. Otherwise, I had no complaints, just praises for this great recipe!