Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe comes from the cookbook Thyme and The River Too.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced yellow onions
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 lbs carrots, peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch slices (4 cups)
- 3 1⁄2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup champagne (or 1 more cup stock)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried thyme or 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 3 sprigs parsley
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- Melt butter with the oil in pan.
- Saute the onion and garlic in mixture till onions are limp.
- Add carrots and toss to coat.
- Add stock, champagne, thyme, parsley and sugar. Simmer till carrots are crisp-tender.
- Puree in small batches and return to pan.
- Reheat and season with salt and pepper. Add more sugar if needed.
Outstanding! Sweet,carroty...smoooth,simple to make~we have a word in french called veloute...velvety and lovely.