1/1 Photo of Carrot Thyme Soup
Shirl (J) 831's Note:
This recipe comes from the cookbook Thyme and The River Too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups sliced yellow onions
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 lbs carrots, peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch slices (4 cups)
- 3 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup champagne (or 1 more cup stock)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme or 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 3 sprigs parsley
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1Melt butter with the oil in pan.
- 2Saute the onion and garlic in mixture till onions are limp.
- 3Add carrots and toss to coat.
- 4Add stock, champagne, thyme, parsley and sugar. Simmer till carrots are crisp-tender.
- 5Puree in small batches and return to pan.
- 6Reheat and season with salt and pepper. Add more sugar if needed.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot Thyme Soup
Serving Size: 1 (513 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 253.1
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 279.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 15.3 g
- Protein 6.5 g