run for your life's Note:
From Martha Stewart. For those of us who don't like nuts:) Really cute little cake, perfect for when you don't have many people to serve!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for pan
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for pan (spooned and leveled)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup packed grated carrot (from about 2 carrots)
- 6 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a 5-by-9-inch (6-cup) loaf pan.
- 2In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- 3Using an electric mixer, beat butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy; beat in eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat in carrots. With mixer on low, gradually add flour mixture; beat just until combined.
- 4Transfer batter to prepared pan; bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes. Let cool in pan 5 minutes. Turn cake out onto a wire rack, and let cool completely.
- 5Make frosting: Using mixer, beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla until fluffy. Frost top of cooled cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot Tea Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 384.8
- Calories from Fat 184
- Total Fat 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 106.7 mg
- Sodium 366.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 28.8 g
- Protein 5.4 g