Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
An easy to make nutritious side salad. The recipe comes from Better Homes & Gardens.
- 1 (10 ounce) package carrots, juliene,matchstick,or coarsely shredded
- 1 medium green sweet pepper, cut into matchstick-size pieces
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon salad oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts
- In a large serving bowl, gently toss together carrots and sweet pepper.
- Stir in orange juice, lime juice, salad oil, and sesame oil.
- Sprinkle with Peanuts.
We loved this so-easy salad which we will be having often. By the way to make this even easier I used a pkg of baby carrots and I also used lemon juice instead of lime juice. Thanks for this wonderful easy recipe!
This salad accompanied a dinner of linguine in a zippy lemon sauce, and it was perfecto! I substituted a sweet red pepper for the green and added an extra carrot (4 big carrots in total.) It was very quick and easy to prepare with a vegetable slicer that julienned everything, and the family loved the crunchy raw vegetable-ness of it with it's nutty flavour. Excellent for those hot hot summer days. The chopped nuts made it look really interesting too!
I am sorry to say I didn't care for this too much, and I was disappointed, because I had expected to like it, as it contained ingredients I like very much. I found the sesame oil flavor just too overpowering, and I felt it hid the other flavors. I tried to add some honey and soy sauce to bring out the rest of the flavors, but it didn't help much. I would suggest just adding a few drops of the sesame oil, and perhaps some toasted sesame seeds, rather than the 1/2 tsp. of sesame oil.