Recipe by CrystalB
This wonderful side dish recipe comes from a friend of my mom's and is now a favourite with our family. It always receives rave reviews!
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 lb carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1 can cream of celery soup or 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 package Stove Top stuffing mix
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook carrots in small amount of water until tender crisp (5- 7 minutes).
- Meanwhile, saute onion in margarine until tender.
- Combine cooked carrots and sauteed onion with cream of celery soup.
- Prepare 1 box of Stove Top stuffing.
- In 2 quart casserole dish make layers as follows: 1/2 of stuffing, 1/2 of carrot mixture, 1 c. cheddar cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake uncovered at 350 F for 20 to 25 minutes.