Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
This wonderful side dish recipe comes from a friend of my mom's and is now a favourite with our family. It always receives rave reviews!
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 lb carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1 can cream of celery soup or 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 package Stove Top stuffing mix
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Cook carrots in small amount of water until tender crisp (5- 7 minutes).
- Meanwhile, saute onion in margarine until tender.
- Combine cooked carrots and sauteed onion with cream of celery soup.
- Prepare 1 box of Stove Top stuffing.
- In 2 quart casserole dish make layers as follows: 1/2 of stuffing, 1/2 of carrot mixture, 1 c. cheddar cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake uncovered at 350 F for 20 to 25 minutes.
OMG i have been looking for this since i printed it earlier this year and lost it! I was searching dressings and then decided to search by ingredient using stove top stuffing and sorted through page after page and finally found it. Serves me right for not rating it when i made it!! Thank you, we loved this and will have it again at Christmas!
darlene loved this recipe
Oh this was tasty! I used Savory Herb stuffing, cream of celery soup, and I used mozzarella cheese for the first layer of cheese, and then pepperjack cheese for the top layer. We ate it with rosemary-garlic-sherry steak. Tonight, we're going to have the leftovers with sausage (pizza and/or breakfast) and we plan on mixing the sausage into the casserole. Excellent recipe!