Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found this extremely easy, yet tasty dish on a New Orleans newspaper recipe swap page. Believe me, it's worth a try.
- 1⁄4 lb Ritz cracker
- 1 cup cooked carrot
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 cups cooked squash
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 onion (grated)
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- Pre heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Steam veggies about 10 minutes.
- Butter casserole dish and crumble about 1/2 of Ritz crackers on top.
- Place carrots over crumbs.
- Slice cream cheese and place on top of carrots.
- Spread squash next and then cover it with the soup.
- Beat egg and mix with grated onion and remaining melted butter. Pour this mixture on top of casserole.
- Crumble remaining crackers on top and bake for 30 minutes.