I was craving Jewish comfort food. Slightly based off a recipe I grew up with, and with the quantity adjusted for a singleton household. But it can be doubled to bake in a 9x13 pan with no worries, just bake it for longer. You can use 4-5 tablespoons matzo meal instead of 2 matzohs but I like the texture of regular matzohs (and the fun of crushing it up!) Sweet paprika can be used, but I find the smoked paprika really makes it zing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop the spinach in a food processor until desired texture is reached. Chop the onion roughly, and grate the carrot. pre-packaged shredded carrot works well too.
- 2Beat the egg in a mixing bowl, adding the oil and salt, pepper, and.
- 4Add the matzohs. I find that doing a rough chop of the matzohs in the.
- 5food processor gets them to a good consistency.
- 6Mix in the veggies. Pour into a greased 9" pie pan, and bake at 400F for.
- 745-55 minutes or until the top is browned.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot-Spinach Kugel
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 124.5
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 479.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 3.1 g