Recipe by the80srule
I was craving Jewish comfort food. Slightly based off a recipe I grew up with, and with the quantity adjusted for a singleton household. But it can be doubled to bake in a 9x13 pan with no worries, just bake it for longer. You can use 4-5 tablespoons matzo meal instead of 2 matzohs but I like the texture of regular matzohs (and the fun of crushing it up!) Sweet paprika can be used, but I find the smoked paprika really makes it zing.
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 large carrot
- 1 small onion
- 2 matzohs, broken into pieces
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon smoked paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop the spinach in a food processor until desired texture is reached. Chop the onion roughly, and grate the carrot. pre-packaged shredded carrot works well too.
- Beat the egg in a mixing bowl, adding the oil and salt, pepper, and.
- Add the matzohs. I find that doing a rough chop of the matzohs in the.
- food processor gets them to a good consistency.
- Mix in the veggies. Pour into a greased 9" pie pan, and bake at 400F for.
- 45-55 minutes or until the top is browned.