Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
We adapted this from Kraftfoods.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box spice cake mix (Betty Crocker)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups carrots, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 cup water, boiling
- 1 (3 ounce) package sugar-free orange gelatin
- 4 ounces neufchatel cheese, softened or 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened (1/2 stick)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Prepare cake batter as directed on package; stir in carrots and raisins (if desired). Pour into a greased and floured 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Remove from oven. Pierce cake with the handle of a wooden spoon (or dowel) at 1" intervals and allow to cool.
- GLAZE: Meanwhile, stir boiling water into dry gelatin mix 2 minute until completely dissolved. Pour evenly over cooled cake. Refrigerate 3 hours.
- ICING: Beat cream cheese, butter and spice in large bowl with electric mixer until well blended. Gradually add sugar, beating until well blended after each addition. Spread onto cooled cake.
This is delicious made as directed. If I had more time, I'd try substituting Spice Cake Bulk Mix for the box spice cake mix because I like to cook from scratch when possible. I also appreciated that the ingredients listed the eggs and oil that the cake mix calls for! Smart! And did I mention how quick this is to prepare?! Thanks, 2Bleu! Made for PRMR.