Recipe by andypandy
Recipe is taken from Sandra Woodruff RD. No Fat baking Cookbook. I have not yet tried this myself, posted for another interested Zaar chef on fat free baking.
Top Review by eatrealfood
This is a pretty healthful treat, but there is a tradeoff on the taste. I agree with the other reviewer - it could use more sweetness and the WW pastry flour taste is rather pervasive.
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 ground nutmeg
- 1⁄3 cup honey or 1⁄3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1⁄3 cup dairy skim milk
- 2 egg whites
- 2 cups grated fresh carrots (about three to four carrots)
- 1⁄3 cup raisins (or nuts)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the dry ingredients well.
- Combine all the wet ingredients including carrots well.
- Add dry ingredients into the wet ingredients just until moist.
- Fold in the raisins or nuts.
- Spray muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Fill 3/4 full.
- Bake 350 degrees F.
- for 16 minutes or just until tester comes away clean.
- Remove from oven allow to rest 6 minutes.
- Then remove from tins.