Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Delicious muffins that are so good for you. Recipe adapted from FatFreeVegan.com
- 236.59 ml whole wheat flour
- 177.44 ml all-purpose flour
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 3.69 ml ginger
- 0.59 ml clove
- 2.46 ml salt
- 78.07 ml honey
- 78.07 ml unsweetened applesauce
- 118.29 ml yogurt (or milk)
- 59.14 ml water (reduce if using milk)
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 354.88 ml shredded carrots (about 3)
- 59.14 ml raisins
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a muffin pan with non-stick spray or use muffin liners.
- Mix together all dry ingredients in a large bowl. In a small bowl, combine the liquid ingredients. Add the liquid to the dry and mix just long enough to combine. Add the carrots and raisins and stir to combine.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups--it will be very thick. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
I used only all purpose flour. For the wet ingredients, I had to use vegetable oil instead of applesauce cause the one I had was not good anymore. I used milk. They baked 20 minutes. They have a nice texture, great taste. Thanks Nickfo :) Made for PAC Fall 2009