Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Delicious muffins that are so good for you. Recipe adapted from FatFreeVegan.com
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup yogurt (or milk)
- 1⁄4 cup water (reduce if using milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded carrots (about 3)
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a muffin pan with non-stick spray or use muffin liners.
- Mix together all dry ingredients in a large bowl. In a small bowl, combine the liquid ingredients. Add the liquid to the dry and mix just long enough to combine. Add the carrots and raisins and stir to combine.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups--it will be very thick. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
I used only all purpose flour. For the wet ingredients, I had to use vegetable oil instead of applesauce cause the one I had was not good anymore. I used milk. They baked 20 minutes. They have a nice texture, great taste. Thanks Nickfo :) Made for PAC Fall 2009