Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Nice and spicy!
Make and share this Carrot Spice Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 (2 1/2 ounce) jarsstrained carrot baby food
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 4 ounces crushed pineapple in juice
- nonstick cooking spray
- 3⁄4 cup loosely packed coconut
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar (optional)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (optional)
- lemon zest (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Mix together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves.
- Stir in oil, applesauce, eggs, vanilla, baby food, orange juice and pineapple and mix until well blended.
- Stir in coconut.
- Spray muffin pans and fill to top or use cupcake liners and spray the liners lightly with nonstick spray for ease in removing muffins from paper.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes.
- A glaze can be made, if desired, by mixing confectioner's sugar with lemon juice and zest and spread on top of muffins.