Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is the low fat version of a delicious recipe posted by Roosie, #98447. I loved it so much, it is one of the most delicious muffins I have ever made. I am on a pretty strict diet right now, and really wanted to know the nutritional info of these muffins, made with the lowest fat options. The prep time doesn't include grating the carrot, but if you have a food processor, it only takes a minute or two.
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, grated
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Oven at 400°F Spray oven tin with cooking spray.
- Mix together flour, soda, powder, salt, spices, raisins and walnuts.
- Whisk together honey, yogurt, applesauce and egg. When well mixed, stir in carrots.
- Stir dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, combining until moistened. Be sure not to over mix.
- Put batter into prepared muffin tins.
- Bake 15 minutes, or until a tooothpick inserted into centre of muffin comes clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before removing from muffin tin.
These had wonderful flavor and very moist! I used Splenda in place of honey and egg whites in place of the egg, left out the walnuts since I hate walnuts. Delicious!
I seem to have been in carrot-mode this weekend, & I'm glad I was, because these muffins are ABSOLUTELY delicious! The amount of raisins & walnuts was increased to 3/4 cup [at least!], but other than that the recipe was followed! I'll be making these again! Many thanks for the recipe!
Yummy! I followed the recipe exactly and they turned out really well! My co-workers were asking me for the recipe. This will be a regular snack at our house. Thanks.