Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
My Mom always made these all the time and they are so soft and wonderful tasting.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated carrots
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a small bowl cream the margarine, brown sugar and egg well and then stir in the carrots.
- In another bowl mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon together.
- Add the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.
The only thing I changed was to add 1/4 tsp of cardamom. The cookies were a HUGE hit with my husband and his co-workers. I'll definitely make them again for a tasty treat!!