Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a very old Le Leche League recipe from an old friend Sylvia. Simply the best carrot spice cake I have ever baked or eaten that includes my DH's carrot cake! It is so easy to make this dense rich tasting cake!
- A well greased and floured bunt pan ready for cake batter.
- First 8 ingredients into a pot bring to boil then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cool mixture and set aside.
- Next 5 ingredients sift and dump into the cooled mixture blend together.
- Pour ingredients into bunt pan.
- Into the oven @ 375 degree's for 50 minutes.
- Make an icing of icing sugar and fresh lemon to taste and drizzle over cake while warm.
I didn´t follow the recipe exactly - just mixed all the ingredients. And it turned out great - very moist, not too sweet, the spices give it an extra kick. A keeper!