Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
From my grandmother's recipe box.
Make and share this Carrot Spice Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3⁄4 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 cups carrots, shredded
- 1 cup Quaker Oats
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 -4 teaspoons milk
- Heat oven to 325°F Grease a 12-cup Bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, beat together brown sugar and oil. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and spices; stir in to egg mixture. Fold in carrots, oats raisins and nuts; mix well.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until wooden tooth pick comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pan; Cool completely.