Recipe by Clara12
One of my favorite side dishes. It is easy to make and has a fine taste.
Top Review by Sackville
I think the best way to describe these noodles would be like potato gnocchi, but with carrots instead of potatoes. I've never had anything like them before but they were tasty fried in butter and I think they would also be good in a soup or stew, instead of dumplings. The one problem I had was actually pushing them through a colander to get little noodle shapes. The dough was too wet for that so I dropped them into the water using a teaspoon, which seemed to work fine.
- 300 g carrots
- 200 ml milk
- 350 g flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon oil
- more salt, for boiling and frying
Directions See How It's Made
- Grind carrots in a blender or food processor until fine.
- Add milk an blend for 30 seconds.
- Add all other ingredients and blend well, use spatula if needed.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime bring water to a boil, than add salt.
- (If you add salt before boiling it will take longer.) Mix batter again for some seconds.
- Put colander or spaetzle press over boiling water and press the batter through it.
- Stir from time to time.
- When Spatzle rise to the surface after some minutes they are ready to eat.
- Drain and fry in a pan with hot butter and salt.
- Eat them in a soup, as Kasespaetzle with melted cheese or just like other noodles- just as you like!