One of my favorite side dishes. It is easy to make and has a fine taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grind carrots in a blender or food processor until fine.
- 2Add milk an blend for 30 seconds.
- 3Add all other ingredients and blend well, use spatula if needed.
- 4Cover and let rise in a warm place for 10 minutes.
- 5In the meantime bring water to a boil, than add salt.
- 6(If you add salt before boiling it will take longer.) Mix batter again for some seconds.
- 7Put colander or spaetzle press over boiling water and press the batter through it.
- 8Stir from time to time.
- 9When Spatzle rise to the surface after some minutes they are ready to eat.
- 10Drain and fry in a pan with hot butter and salt.
- 11Eat them in a soup, as Kasespaetzle with melted cheese or just like other noodles- just as you like!
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot Spatzle (moehrenspaetzle)
Serving Size: 1 (240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 435.7
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 112.5 mg
- Sodium 1289.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 14.6 g