Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
One of my favorite side dishes. It is easy to make and has a fine taste.
Make and share this Carrot Spatzle (moehrenspaetzle) recipe from Food.com.
- Grind carrots in a blender or food processor until fine.
- Add milk an blend for 30 seconds.
- Add all other ingredients and blend well, use spatula if needed.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime bring water to a boil, than add salt.
- (If you add salt before boiling it will take longer.) Mix batter again for some seconds.
- Put colander or spaetzle press over boiling water and press the batter through it.
- Stir from time to time.
- When Spatzle rise to the surface after some minutes they are ready to eat.
- Drain and fry in a pan with hot butter and salt.
- Eat them in a soup, as Kasespaetzle with melted cheese or just like other noodles- just as you like!