Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This got a wonderful review on another website.
- 3 medium carrots
- 2 small garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 onion, diced (optional)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup marinara sauce
- Wash carrots very well and thoroughly.
- With a vegetable peeler, peel carrot into long thin strips. Sprinkle with salt and set aside.
- Dice onion and chop garlic.
- Coat the bottom of the pan with olive oil over medium-high heat.
- When hot, add carrots and toss frequently with tongs.
- When carrots start to soften, add garlic, pepper, and onion and keep tossing until some of the carrots get brown on the edges (don't burn).
- serve with your favorite marinara sauce.
Good stuff! Perhaps not all the oil is necessary, but it was deelish, nonetheless! Thank you :o)!