Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I have had this soup described as "beautiful" by a guest at my table.
- 14.19-28.39 ml cup butter
- 354.88 ml chopped onions
- 14.79 ml finely chopped, peeled fresh ginger
- 7.39 ml minced garlic
- 566.99 g medium carrots, peeled,chopped (about 3 cups)
- 2 tomatoes, seeded,chopped (about 1 1/3 cups)
- 7.39 ml grated lemons, rind of
- 709.77 ml vegetable stock
- 29.58 ml fresh lemon juice
- 59.16 ml sour cream
- 1 small carrot, peeled,grated
- Melt butter in heavy large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onion; sauté 4 minutes.
- Add ginger and garlic; sauté 2 minutes.
- Add chopped carrots, tomatoes and lemon peel; saute 1 minute.
- Add 3 cups stock and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover partially and simmer until carrots are very tender, about 20 minutes.
- Cool slightly.
- Puree soup in batches in blender.
- Return soup to pot.
- Mix in lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring soup to simmer, thinning with more stock, if desired.
- Ladle into bowls.
- Top each with sour cream and grated carrot.
This soup was EXCELLENT!! I've been curious for a long time now wondering what Carrot Soup tasted like, and now I know! I'll most definately be making this again...and again! It really is yummy!! I made some very nice dinner rolls to have with it! My husband and I both had a second helping each!!
This soup is delicious! I love the combination of lemon, carrot, and ginger. I used chicken stock instead of vegetable and it turned out great. Served with a green salad and shepherd's pie. Another great recipe Mirj, thanks.
This soup was very enjoyable and I will definitely be making it again. I think the ginger really sets off the flavour of the carrots.