Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 5 cups stock, chicken
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground caraway
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 tablespoon garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 lb peeled carrot, sliced in 1/4 inch rounds
- Boil all ingredients until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Cool and drain, reserving the liquid.
- Puree the vegetables until completely smooth.
- Add the reserved liquid and chill.
- At serving time, garnish with minced coriander or parsley.
Delicious! Very refreshing and wonderfully spiced.
Quick, easy and tasty. When you can whip up a hand-make soup this easily and with such inexpensive and simple ingredients, it is a no-brainer. Beats noodles or McDonalds hands down any day. And has the added bonus of being good for you!! Made for Aussie/Kiwi Swap November 2013.