Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A simple, vegetarian carrot soup. Adjust it for the season by serving it hot or cold.
Make and share this Carrot Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Peel carrots and cut into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- In a saucepan, melt butter.
- Add onions and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add carrots and 2 cups stock.
- Bring to boil, reduce to simmer, and cook 20 minutes.
- Puree soup in food processor, adding yogurt and milk.
- Return to pan and add stock or yogurt to adjust consistency.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot or cold.
I thought this soup was easy to make and turned out nice. I used homemade chicken stock instead of the vegetable stock. It added a chicken flavor that was unexpected but pleasant. I enjoyed it hot with homemade bread. Will make again.
We made this one again. Last time we sprinkled a little cheddar on top and some fresh ground pepper on top of that. Went a different way this time because summers almost here. Sliced cucumbers on the diagonal and garnished each bowl with two slices. I then added a dollop of yogurt and a sprinkle of fresh ground pepper. This soup tastes great hot or cold. Great for summer!
Good wholesome carrot flavor with a boost from the onion. I used light cream instead of milk as I wanted to make it as nourishing as possible for a convalescing friend - Only used 6 oz yogurt I added a few Spinach Ravioli. Thanks SJK for a tasty soup