Recipe by SJG3483
A simple, vegetarian carrot soup. Adjust it for the season by serving it hot or cold.
Top Review by Lucky in Bayview
Great recipe! I had no idea what to expect and the idea of carrot soup has never sounded very appealing to me but I've had a 10 lb. bag of carrots that I've need to put to good use and this recipe was a fantastic use for all these carrots. In fact I'm thinking I'll be sure to have a ton of carrots on hand so I can make this tasty soup on a whim. Thanks so much for sharing this delicious, healthy, simple yet economical recipe. These are my favorite kind of recipe finds.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 lbs carrots
- 2 -3 cups vegetable stock
- 8 ounces plain yogurt
- 1 cup milk
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel carrots and cut into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- In a saucepan, melt butter.
- Add onions and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add carrots and 2 cups stock.
- Bring to boil, reduce to simmer, and cook 20 minutes.
- Puree soup in food processor, adding yogurt and milk.
- Return to pan and add stock or yogurt to adjust consistency.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot or cold.