Recipe by newfie wanna be
Very nice soup for a cold winters day.
Top Review by evelyn/athens
Very tasty and filling. One issue - there are no spices in this recipe (except for the pepper) as stated in the Directions - but there are herbs. I used fresh dill and parsley, but dried marjoram and thyme (what I had on hand). I guess the poster wanted the soup served with slices of carrot, but I didn't like the appearance and used my wand to puree it. I found it much more attractive and colourful that way.
- 12 large carrots, sliced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup table cream
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large sauce pan, over medium heat saute onions and garlic in oil, until onions are clear.
- Pour broth and carrots into pot.
- Slowly stir in spices.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer till carrots are tender.
- In a small bowl put cornstarch and some cold water to disolve.
- Add cornstarch liquid to soup, once carrots are tender.
- Finally add cream and let simmer, stirring frequently.
- For thicker soup add more disolved cornstarch.